Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the http://skirting.wpengine.com website (the “Service”) operated by Skirting the Rules, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SKIRTINGTHERULES.COM AND SKIRTING THE RULES, LLC. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service. Last updated: July 6, 2016.
Your Use of the Site and Services
- We endeavor to create a respectful environment for all of our users. Accordingly, you agree to the following rules of the road regarding your use of the Site and Services:
- You may use the Site and Services only for your personal use, and not in connection with any commercial activity. This includes the right to print a single copy of Site Content. Otherwise, you may not reproduce, create derivative works of, display, perform or distribute the Site or any Site Content. You acknowledge that all Site Content is owned by us and third parties from which we have licensed the Site Content (including other users), and except for the rights stated above, no other right is granted and no other use is permitted.
- We only pre-screen and control Site Content produced by us—for any user-uploaded content, we do not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, completeness or quality of their Content.
- You may not use any automated devices such as spiders, robots or data mining techniques to catalog, download, store or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute Site Content or to exceed the access granted to you by us.
- You may not impersonate any person or entity, including a Skirtingtherules.com employee or agent, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You will not perform any act designed to interfere with the Site or Services, or any user’s access to the Site or Services.
- If you post or upload any Content to the Site, you agree to the rules described below with respect to Your Content.
1. “Your Content” is Content that you post or upload to the Site, which can include written text, video ,or photography.
2. “Site Content” is all Content included on the Site (including Your Content).
Content submitted by You—the Site may permit you to upload or post Your Content to the Site. With respect to Your Content, you agree to the following:
- You have all approvals needed to display Your Content to the Site, and to grant us the license provided below.
- You represent and warrant that Your Content does not infringe, violate or misappropriate any rights of any person or business.
- You agree not to upload or post any Content that is illegal, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, pornographic, obscene, violent, hateful, invasive of another’s privacy, abusive, harassing, harmful or otherwise objectionable, or that impersonates any person or business.
- You agree not to upload or post any Content that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other harmful or malicious code, or that provides unauthorized access to any systems.
- You agree that we may remove Your Content from the Site at any time and for any reason.
- You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform and distribute Your Content in connection with the Site and our Services. You also grant us the right to permit other users of the Site to use Your Content for their personal, non-commercial use. We may sublicense these rights to our business partners without your consent.
Submission of Suggestions, Ideas and Recommendations to Us
If you choose to provide us with suggestions, ideas and recommendations (“Suggestions”), you grant us an unrestricted right to use and fully exploit all Suggestions. We are not obligated to keep Suggestions confidential. You are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind for any Suggestions.
Registered Users and Subscribers
You do not need to be registered with an email address and profile to access skirtingtherules.com. To receive our newsletters and to access our community, you need to register with your name and email address. To receive the results of the Skirting Compass quiz, you need to provide your email.
Products and Services Offered by Others
Our goal is to provide our visitors with the best information relating to personal development to enhance lives at home and at work. To that end, we may offer links and services of others through the Site. While we endeavor to choose reputable business partners, products and services offered by others are not controlled by us, and we cannot be responsible for them. The presence of information about or links to products and services offered by others is not a warranty or guaranty relating to such products or services.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third -party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Skirting the Rules, LLC. Skirting the Rules, LLC, has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Skirting the Rules, LLC, shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We own the trademark “Skirting the Rules”, the Skirting the Rules URL, the Skirting the Rules logo, the Skirting Compass, the Skirting Compass visual, the Skirting Compass digital quiz questions, and all other trademarks, trade names and logos relating to the Site and Services (collectively, “Our Marks”). You agree that you will not display or use Our Marks in any manner whatsoever without our prior consent.
Copyright Issues; Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice.
We take protecting copyright seriously. If you believe that Site Content is being displayed in violation of your copyrights, please contact us.
Termination & Discontinuation of Services
We reserve the right to terminate your right to access to and/or use of the Site and/or Services at any time for any reason. We also reserve the right to discontinue providing all or part of the Site or Services at any time.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Indemnification by You
At our request, you agree to defend, indemnify and/or hold us harmless from and against all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, judgments, settlement amounts, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to your violation of these Terms, any claim related to Your Content, Your Skirting Compass Assessment, and/or otherwise resulting from your use of the Site or Services.
Limitations of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF TEN U.S. DOLLARS ($10.00). YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SKIRTING COMPASS QUIZ IS A DIRECTIONAL TOOL AND ANY DECISIONS YOU MAKE FROM THE RESULTS OF THE QUIZ ARE YOUR OWN, MADE BY YOU OF FREE WILL. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Site or Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
You understand and agree that we do not provide any warranties with respect to the Site (including, without limitation, the Site Content) or the Services. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Reporting Violations of these Terms. You can help maintain the Site and the Services as a comfortable environment for all users. Please report violations of these Terms by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where a Service provides you with the ability to flag Content as inappropriate, you may notify us of violations of these Terms by utilizing such functionality.
Governing Law, Venue. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York, without regard to the choice of law provisions of any jurisdiction. Any claim or action relating to the Site, Services or these Terms may be brought solely in the state courts of the State of New York and the federal courts of the United States sitting in the Southern District of New York. You and we irrevocably relating to the Site, Services or these Terms may be brought solely in the state courts of the State of New York and the federal courts of the United States sitting in the Southern District of New York. You and we irrevocably relating to the Site, Services or these Terms may be brought solely in the state courts of the State of New York and the federal courts of the United States sitting in the Southern District of New York.
Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Action. By agreeing to these Terms, both you and we are waiving the right to a jury trial on your respective claims. Further, you agree to only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and waive any right to pursue any claims on a class or consolidated basis or in a representative capacity.
General Legal Terms. You and we agree to be bound by the following general terms apply:
- These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us.
- Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given upon receipt, or, if by e-mail, when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by e-mail. You agree to notice via e-mail at the address you have provided.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.