Last Updated July 6, 2016
This Policy applies only to information we collect through the Site and not to information collected offline. For more information on how the Site may redirect you to other web sites, please see the “Links and Redirection to Third Party Sites” section below.
Information We Collect
We collect and store information you choose to provide to us as well as data related to how you use and visit the Site.
• When you become a registered user by providing your name and email.
• Content You May Upload to the Site—Comments, personal experiences, tips, stories, data, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, products, services or other materials (“Content”). It is solely up to you whether you provide the information described above. If you do provide such information, you are consenting to the use of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Policy.
• Completing your Profile—Once you have registered, you can choose to provide additional personal information to your profile. Other registered users may be able to see information about your use of skirtingtherules.com, such as the date on which you registered, your active posts, comments, content, etc.
• Data We Automatically Collect—During your visit we automatically collect aggregate information and analytical data related to your Site visit. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information about you such as your IP address and your site visit history. Please see the section titled “Use and Sharing of Aggregate Information” below for information regarding third parties that we share this type of information with and who are allowed to collect this type of information about you directly when you use the Site.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect from you to manage the Site, resolve problems and respond to questions. When you become a registered user, you will receive email newsletters with relevant content that may also include products or services that we think will interest you. Please see the section titled “Choice and Opt-Out” below for information on how to unsubscribe from our mailings or marketing materials.
When you upload Content to the Site, we may choose to publish or display that Content (together with your username) on the Site and in materials related to the Site and our products and services (including our own advertising and marketing materials). Published Content can be viewed by other Site visitors. Please review the section titled “User Submissions and Content” in our Terms of Service for additional information regarding your obligations and promises you make when you provide Content to the Site.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
• Service Providers and Partners—Depending on the preferences you select when registering for an account, we may share your account and profile information with our service providers who help us manage the Site and market our products or services. In addition, if you opt-in to receiving emails, we may share information such as your name and email address with certain trusted third parties so that they can contact you directly to market their products or services.
• Legal Processes—We may disclose information to third parties in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other similar legal process. If a subpoena requests information about a user, we’ll make (if permitted) reasonable business efforts to contact that user before providing information, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so in all cases. In addition, we disclose information that we believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms of Service. We may disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
• A Company That Purchases or Merges with Us—As with any other business, it is possible we could merge with or be acquired by another company. If this occurs, the successor entity would have access to the information we have collected, including customer account information, but would continue to be bound by this Policy unless and until it is amended.
Use and Sharing of Aggregate Information
This Site will work with a first party cookie that collects anonymous traffic data at the Site. We will use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site and track whether you are logged into the Site during a particular visit. In addition, we will use persistent cookies to store how you came to the Site, recognize Site materials and Content you view and identify you automatically when you re-visit the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
Online Tracking; “Do Not Track” Signals
These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on our site, other websites and other forms of media about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check out http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the web sites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the Do Not Track signal, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals on the Site.
We will make best efforts to ensure security of any personal data, but can not be held accountable for any breach due to a cyber attack beyond our control.
Choice and Opt-Out
You can choose to unsubscribe from marketing emails using the links contained in each marketing email you receive by following the instructions included in each email. If you experience difficulty managing your notification settings or would like to opt-out of future mailings, you can contact us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links and Redirection to Third Party Sites
The Site includes links to third party websites (“Third Party Sites”) where information, content, products or services that may be of interest to you can be located. Third Party Sites include, among others, service providers who have a relationship with the Company.
Third Party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for Third Party Sites or for their accuracy, sufficiency, correctness, reliability, veracity, completeness, or timeliness, any link contained therein, or any changes or updates to those sites. The inclusion or access to Third Party Sites does not imply an endorsement by the Company, or of the provider’s content or services. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. Nonetheless, we try to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these Third Party Sites.
This Site and our services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. Users of our Service must be 18 or above. If you are under the age of 18 please stop using our Site and Service immediately.
Effective Date; Policy Changes
Each time you use the Site, the current version of the Policy will apply. When you use the Site, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since the last version. Our business changes frequently and this Policy is subject to change from time to time. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past or collect substantially more customer information than in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Governing Law; Your California Privacy Rights
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided the Company with “personal information” (as defined by Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may contact us using the information below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also visit our Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.